Chances are, there are some significant numbers missing from your balance sheet. Take the hidden cost of preventable, lifestyle-driven chronic diseases, for example. Obesity alone was responsible for 39 million lost workdays and 63 million visits to the physician last year according to the National Business Group on Health.
That’s $45 billion in medical expenditures and work loss and that’s more than the cost of smoking and even alcoholism.
In all, lifestyle-driven chronic conditions are thought to cost employers an estimated $1.5 trillion each year according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Imagine if your company could be the exception. Your work would change dramatically. You’d slash absenteeism and health claims. Everyone would be far more productive and employees would live longer, happier lives. And with the right infrastructure in place, you’d even be able to control your healthcare costs accordingly.
This is not theory. They’re very real goals that 86% of today’s employers currently aspire to realize through some kind of health improvement program.
HBG takes health improvement even further. It starts with knowing where you stand, health-wise, then giving employees an incentive to become healthier with:
- Turnkey access to a wellness program with best-in-class partners
- Control over your healthcare premium while offering the opportunity for significant ROI
- The only way to participate in a wellness program, own your data and not be beholden to any single carrier
- An appealing recruitment tool for human resources
- A boost to company morale and image through creating a Wellness Culture that promotes individual respect, care and growth
- Lower employee absenteeism
- A reduction in healthcare claims
- Greater employee productivity
- A way to control workers’ comp and disability management claim costs
- No downside risk as an employer
In short, it’s an emerging new paradigm based on ongoing vigilance towards risk factors and personal responsibility for the long term.